- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 4 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
A) Use NO salt and salt free bouillon
B) Swap the sausage for 2lb Ground Prok
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer.
- Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar.
- Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary.
- The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
- To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese.