- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Place each breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Place flour in a shallow dish, and dredge chicken in flour.
Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add white wine, 1/4 cup lemon juice, capers, and garlic to pan; scrape pan to loosen browned bits. Cook for 2 minutes or until slightly thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve chicken over pasta. Top with sauce; sprinkle with parsley.
Wine: Mani Masianco 2005, pinot grigio, verduzzo,