This recipe gives cod a Mexican spin with pimiento-stuffed olives, cilantro and lime juice. Looking for bit more Gulf heat? Add some fresh chilies for a dash of spice.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 pieces cod fillet (about 1-½lbs.)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can ( 14.5 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup pimento-stuffed olives, halved
- 2 tbsp Knorr Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook cod about 4 minutes until golden, turning once. Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat and cook onion about 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, breaking up with a spoon. Stir in olives and Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon.
- Return cod to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered about 4 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Stir in lime juice. Garnish with cilantro and serve with hot cooked rice.