- 2 cups russet potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 3/4 cups butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4 cups half and half
- 2 or 3 drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups clam juice
- dash worshire sauce
- 1 tsb thyme
- Crawdads (add clams 6 1/2 oz. can and it makes clam chowder)
- Combine the potatoes, onion celery and carrot in a large saucepan.
- Add the clam juice to the saucepan with enough water to cover vegetables.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the half and half.
- Cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add the white sauce crawdads and other spices to the vegetables in the saucepan.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
As with any soup it tastes better the second day.
Also I did not add Tabasco to mine.
You can also add 1/2 lbs of bacon fried and diced